Archive for month: February, 2017
I often get asked how I manage to be constantly motivated to run my outdoor bootcamp sessions at St George and Brighton Le Sand, work full time, and have time for family, a new baby, and part time thesis study. Getting up by 4.30 or 5am most mornings for over 5 years now, with only a few hours of good sleep, and finding ways to run interesting fitness sessions outdoors is no easy slog! Being a trainer is definitely not glamorous like some tend to stereotype.
When I sit back and reflect, I don’t believe that I go out looking for things to motivate me. Rather its the realisation that I get my energy from people, love the outdoors, and love fitness, thus its easy to find ways to stay motivated each and every day. I dont think of being motivated as something that I consciously do.
I focus on positive energy through open minded conversations with people, through knowing that I can make a difference to peoples lives and knowing that I can not only share my knowledge each and every day, however learn from others with every encounter that I have every single day. When I reflect on o
So then when I see great results from results from members in programs such as the body transformation and reboot challenges that we undertake at Kappatalize Fitness, I know that I have made a difference, that I have been able to energise my members to set themselves up for success in their fitness and nutrition goals, whether it be weight loss, getting leaner, or generally just feeling better about themselves. This then helps not only keep me motivated, but increases my motivation.
You see about 12 months ago I came to the realisation that for most of my clients, fitness is not just about the weight loss – its about making time for themselves, for ourselves. Coming to the outdoor bootcamps gives us the opportunity yo enjoy nature, to train within an open environment with other like minded individuals, and to also allow ourselves some “me time” away from our hectic lives. In the process we get to move, meet people and enjoy a fitness session where we dont necessarily have to think about what we do next.
Im a strong believer in being good to ourselves and in order to achieve that we need to focus on increasing self awareness, working on mindset and knowing that a good part of achieving our intentions is all about working on ourselves and working on our mindset to develop our best selves. This could mean learning from others, reflecting, being grateful for what we have, acknowledging our achievements daily , journalling, taking time out to enjoy our surrounds and knowing how we can best set ourselves up for success each and every day.
So to get you all thinking, I have listed the top 10 things that I try and do all the time to ensure that my motivation levels are at a premium:
1. I take action every day by setting my intentions for the day, and making the commitment. So set your intentions and commit or recommit to these!
2. I have a plan nutrition and exercise – I stick to it and avoid getting distracted
3. I try and simplify my life – focus on getting to the end game with a few things, and enjoying the journey in the process
4. I move every day – whether its my weight training, a kappatalize fitness @ home workout, or walk, cycle, yoga… I make sure I move as much as possible
5. I reflect and appreciate how far I have come as a person and how much I have grown
6. If I have had a bad day, I let it go and move on!
7. I spend time reflecting on what I have done well and self critique what I could do different, what I have learned and what positives I can take from my learnings
8. I am grateful every day that I live in a free country, that I have opportunities and that I am surrounded by wonderful people that I choose to be amongst
9. I cut myself slack – we only live once so its okay to enjoy life – I choose however to do it in moderation
10.I repeat this every day
Think about these tips and the ones that resonate with you – what would work for you and why? Developing your best self takes time, means putting work into you, and can sometimes be very confronting. I would rather confront myself, call myself on my shit and live a genuine life… its who I am.
Final reflection and thoughts… put these practices into place..rather than constantly look for ways to be motivated, work on yourself instead and the motivation to continue to step up your game will naturally be there.
I welcome any comments, and for those that would like more information, receive tips and ideas on how to develop your best self through mind and body, please link with us through our social media channels.
See you all soon