“We are always one decision away from living our best life”
You have probably read this; you have probably heard this before; but what does it mean? What does it mean to you?
This quote stems from Mark Batterson in reference to the gospel, god and the bible… having faith and going all in with our faith.
Im going to use this quote (regardless of your beliefs / religions beliefs or non belief) and suggest that the meaning of we are all one decision away from living our best life means:
1. GO ALL IN
We have life, and we have death. Either go all in with your own life or don’t. If you go all in and put your faith and energy out to the universe, you will find your purpose and your peace.
2. Making the Decision to Take Action
Are you a fence sitter? Do you use excuses? Are you one that decides, but then doesn’t do anything about it? If so, read on!
It is our choice to take action. It is also our choice to not take action.
Whether we do or not can ultimately determine how our life turns out.
Procrastination is prevalent in our every day lives. We find reasons or what I prefer to call excuses as to why we can not work on ourselves, build a better life for ourself, be fitter, be healthier, do our study etc
These are all just stories and excuses we tell ourselves. We often then over committ ourselves to our social activities and lives to avoid doing the things that we need to do.
Sometimes it is because we fear failure
Sometimes it is because we are unsure of our purpose
Sometimes it is because we want to achieve things without doing the work for it.
However, if you want it bad enough, you will remove the excuses and start to take the action you need to take.
You will start to work on your mindset, and put together an action plan.
Im going to share my 5 Top Tips to “Going all in” and the “Mindset that can help you achieve this”.
5 Tips to Going All In
When I make a decision that ultimately can change how I live my life, it not necessarily a big decision. Small decisions can also impact my life. But what it means in the tangible sense is:
- It means that I take action, consistent daily action. We don’t get good at doing something without daily action or daily practice.
- It means that I may have feelings of fear; feel out of my comfort zone. I accept and acknowledge these feelings and get on with it.
- It means focusing on the right now – being present.
- It means accepting my decision and focus on looking forward. This means believing in myself, sending out the right energy, and getting on with it.
- It means that I reach out to the universe and know that ultimately I will find my path even though I can not see it paved at the moment.
The Mindset I need to achieve this
To get to this point, it means working on my mindset and knowing that:
- I value myself enough to focus only on the things that serve me. This means that I work on myself daily to allow myself to let things go.
- I respect myself enough to do what I say I am going to do – I walk my own talk. I become one of my best role models.
- I build daily habits that serve me and my purpose – this sometimes means I need to forgo other activities.
- I surround myself as much as possible with like minds.
- I deliberately practice my daily habits. Many think we can get good at something without doing the work. We need to do the work!
- I rarely waste time on things that are not part of my purpose.
- I get excited about the decisions that I make.
I would love to hear your thoughts, post your comments.
If you are ready to step up and live the life that you want to live, want someone to keep you accountable, and are ready to take serious action, fill out your details below and lets have a chat.
If you want to be around a like minded group of people and work on your mindset, on your fitness, nutrition and general wellness… and take a holistic approach to developing your best self, feel free to join us and start your journey right now.