So over Easter long weekend like most long weekends where there is a celebration, we all tend to go a little bit overboard…chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate.. or if you are anything like me… hard boiled egg overload!
I don’t know about you, but we feast after midnight mass on Saturday evening, then feast on lamb thats been slow cooking on a spit all day, potatoes, rice, shortbreads, cakes, pastries and crack red eggs over Easter Sunday.
And then after all of that food… there is all the leftovers that we need to eat for the rest of the week – cant waste food right?
Now Im not a massive fan of chocolate, but my household is… and with all the exchange of chocolate gifts, theres at least a few kilos of chocolate that we need to get through before next Easter! Lucky for us we pace ourselves and it does take us almost 12 months to get through the chocolate each year! I personally get on coloured hard boiled egg overload after Easter – so whilst great for the protein content, its still an overload!
Maybe you went overboard, too? So what.. no big deal if its just on occasion – we all need to live a little right?
So how do we get rid of that feeling of fullness this week?
1. Get back in the right mindset – its okay to enjoy family time, chocolate eggs and feasting for special occasions! Acknowledge it and move on!
2. Take stock and reset your nutrition and fitness goals – are they realistic – if so fantastic! If not, what are one or two small changes that you can make over the next couple of weeks to get you back on track?
3. Get moving – go out for a walk, break a sweat, do a burpee session in your lounge room or garage. get to #kappasfitbodies outdoor bootcamp class @ Brighton Le Sands. Or jump on a trampoline with your kids for 20 – 30 mins! There are plenty of outdoor activities to do around Sydney this time of the year for school holidays and the weather is just brilliant at the moment!
4. Consider having a few day of nutritional fasting…. drink herbal teas in the morning, and start your meals for the day at lunchtime or around 1pm – give your body a break overnight and first up in the morning from any solid foods.
5. Drink a lot of water – at the moment, Im adding Slim n Sassy, Grapefruit, Lemon and Fennel oil drops to my water – super tasty and takes away the sugary cravings!
6. Your first snack (breaking the fast), should be something light before dinner. Consider a protein shake with almond milk or some fruit with almonds.
Now if you have plenty of left over chocolate easter eggs – pack them away, and afford yourself the treats if it fits within your calories and macros a couple of times a week.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Break and see you all soon!
For more free info and resource, check out our FB page www.facebook.com/kappatalizefitness
or fill out your details below to join our mailing list to receive free workouts, recipes and health & wellness tips!