Too often as adults, we find ourselves stuck in the daily grind of life. We’re working long hours, stressed and exhausted trying to balance work, kids, friends, family – the list goes on. We struggle to find the time to eat right and exercise. We view sleep as a luxury and put our health last.
We’ve all been there. Consider this scenario:
Say you want to get healthy, but you keep telling yourself each day that you need to be more motivated to look after yourself. You want to eat better, plan better, make time for yourself – but you find it virtually impossible. Life gets in the way.
Maybe you have tried going to the gym or a fitness regime for a few days, even weeks. You have tried eating clean, shakes, diets, protein bars – you name it.
But time and time again, you just can’t seem to make any sustainable or meaningful progress.
Does this sound familiar?
I get it. I really do. I’ve been there. I have spent years working in the corporate industry, running my fitness business, studying part time and looking after kids. The biggest thing that took a hit was my fitness, my wellbeing, my body, and my frame of mind.
I desperately wanted to look and feel good, but I was so tied up in the grind of my long hours, my overwhelming job, my inability to focus on my study. When I had my baby 18 months ago, I realised that everything was falling apart. My life, my social life, my relationships, engagement with other people and my marriage.
This is why I designed the Kappatalize Six Week Body and Mind Transformation Program.
This program has been designed for people like you and me. It’s proven to work with corporate mums and dads who want to regain their energy, confidence and feel better about themselves. Why? Because it’s a holistic approach. It’s not just about your fitness. It’s about your body, your mind and your whole self.
So, what does it cover?
- 3 awesome strength-building, fat-burning workouts per week for six weeks. You can do them from home, at the gym, in a face-to-face group bootcamp setting, or anywhere!
- Nutrition Coaching and support through my new mobile app platform.
- Before and after health and fitness assessments to see how you’re tracking.
- Nutrition plans to suit your lifestyle and bonus recipes your whole family can enjoy.
- My five secrets and top tips to nourish your mindset and teach you to enjoy and appreciate the process of transforming your body.
- Bonus Saturday Shredder Sessions to melt the fat and give you your energy back!
- Access to the world’s BEST Mums and Dads Tribe & Support Group to keep you on track no matter how busy you are or how hard of a day you’ve had.
What do I need from you?
To make any sort of real change in your life, you HAVE to be 100% COMMITTED. You have to be open-minded about the journey of transforming your mind and body. You need to be willing to share your story to inspire and motivate others.
If you have decided that enough is enough, and you want to get your life back on track – let me help you.
Book a call with one of our coaches here.
We shop around for the best doctors, best specialists and best advisors when it comes to health conditions right?
Yet when we are looking to invest in our own health and fitness (for those that do) many are looking for the cheapest options to get fit and healthy rather than the best fit for our needs?
As a fitness trainer, I often speak to people that tell me the following
“I used to be fit but…..”
“I want to get healthy”
“I want to get fitter”
“I want more energy”
“I want to look after myself”
“Ive had a gym membership for two years but don’t use it”
“I go to the gym, but Im not getting the results that I want”
This is all great – the right sort of stuff! I want to help all of these people.
However, the very same people will use the excuses of:
“I dont’ have time”
“I have kids activities so I cant make your classes”
“I want the personalised service but its too expensive”
“ I want to work with you, but need to ask my…. husband”
My general feeling at this point is WOW!
It just doesn’t make sense to me.
Why would you need to ask your husband, wife or partner if its okay for you to “look after yourself? to be healthy?”
Since when was it someone else decision? Since when have we become dependent on others to keep us healthy?
If its that important to you, then you would find the time / money / commitment not to me – but to yourself to look after yourself? To commit to being healthy? For yourself? For your children?
When did we decide that we should compromise on the best care and advice when it comes to our fitness, nutrition or health?
If we were to just stop focusing on bandaid solutions and start investing in our own health and well being many of us would actually save money in the longer term.
I am often told that its easier for me because I am a fitness trainer. Why? Because it may seen that I don’t have commitments of family, work, study, and the rest? Im really just like the next person with the same type of stresses in life.
What make me different is that I do not compromise on my health, fitness or general well being. I know why I want to be fit and healthy, not just now but for my lifetime.
I shift the non-important stuff like Netflix, and following series on TV etc to ensure I give myself the time and opportunity to work on my mind and body.
This means I make time for exercise, I free up time to work on my mental health, I free up time to prepare meals for myself, my baby and my boys.
Let me share some of my story with you that helped me transform
A number of years ago I decided to move into a complete natural lifestyle. I got sick of the pills, tablets and bandaid solutions.
I had asthma for most of my adult life and started to get chronic wheezing frequently. Every visit to the doctor resulted in new medication, stronger medication and eventually steroids to manage the asthma. It didn’t actually help it per say, just made me angry and hyper most of the time.
So one day I just threw out all the pills, medicines and puffers.
I looked for natural approaches.
I started to diffuse natural oils – Doterra to be specific.
I haven’t stopped diffusing and do this every time I sleep whether its day or night.
What the result has been?
I have not had problems with my asthma for over 3 years.
I have saved money – no more pills, puffers and doctors visits.
I have stopped putting harsh chemicals into my body and my body is thanking me for it
I generally feel better – I hardly ever get sick.
I can undertake my exercise most days without any difficulty breathing
I am more focused on what I put into my body every day
Because I only have one body and it needs to last me my lifetime.
What this meant for me
1. It meant investing in myself
2. It meant taking the time to research what the best options for me were
3. It meant looking for the best not the cheapest
4. It meant freeing up money from other things (rubbish foods, expenses that were not necessary) so I can keep investing in products that make me feel great
5. It meant freeing up time to learn about the oils that I use not only for my asthma but for everything in my life – my general well being, my overall health, and around the home.
Now some may stop and think that I have lots of free time to do this… its not true.. I am just as busy, over committed as the next person.
What Do I Do?
I make time
I make the investment
I commit to myself
I commit to being healthier
Because I only have one body and one mind – and I want both to be working for a long long time.
Want to Learn More About Yourself?
1. How to free up your time?
2. How to prioritise yourself?
3. How to be healthier?
Than drop me a line for a free 15 min call to discuss where you are at and how to kickstart your healthier living.
If you are not 100% ready to commit to yourself, but want to learn more about how to work on yourself – follow us at Kappas Fit Bodies – we want to connect and help as many people as possible. All the information on this group page is for you to use and share.
Stop – Reflect – Work on your mindset – Build your fitness mindset
So sometimes when I get away for the weekend, and leave Sydney, its hard to leave behind the bootcamp training and in general my own fitness training. I love training!
The beauty of getting some down time is the ability to reflect and just be present in nature and in my surrounds.
This weekend we decided to take a road trip to North Hunter Valley with the aim of getting some family time. We’re staying in a beautiful eco lodge up in the mountains overseeing North Hunter valley.
On a short walk today, I was overlooking the valley and enjoying its beauty, it got me thinking about mindset and fitness.
It potentially takes hundreds of years for nature to self cultivate and create the beauty that we see. This got me thinking about how we can better learn to self nurture ourselves to create our most beautiful and best selves.
Ask yourself this:
Do you take time to develop yourself?
Are you reflecting every day?
Have time out for yourself?
Are you achieving what you want to achieve in life?
If you have answered no to one or more of these questions, then its time to stop, reflect and work on your mindset.
In addition to this, have you tried:
- quick fix approach to health, wellness, fitness and nutrition?
- diets that are just that – quick fixes with no long term results?
- fitness programs that are just plain boring and don’t fit in with your lifestyle?
- shakes, detox diets, juice cleanses?
- have paid for any of the above to not get the results that you want?
Stop! Stop abusing your body and mind. It does not have to be that hard! Just have a think about whether you have taken the time to work on your mindset to get to your fitness results.
We tend to be so critical, and so self judgemental, that we forget to nurture ourselves and treat ourselves and our bodies well.
How do I do this?
Self care and love. Self nurture. Focus on my purpose. I take a no BS approach to life. I am true to myself. I am true to my goals. This helps me shift my focus to what I really want. Do this and your fitness, nutrition and wellness goals become more achievable.
Just like the beauty in nature that we see around us, building and developing our best selves, including the boy image we aspire to, the lifestyle we aspire to, takes time, patience and self nurturing.
A few tips on how I self nurture:
1) I take time out to get away quite a few times a year, to see nature, to be within beautiful peaceful environments. During this time, I don’t necessarily give away my fitness goals when I am away. I choose to cook whilst away to eat healthily. I also choose to keep up my fitness by self motivating and doing small fitness sessions, even if they are short or longer walks and hikes.
It is a great way to self reflect, enjoy serenity and the simple things like birds chirping, the sun shining and wild animals living their lives, whilst still keeping up with my fitness regime.
2) Being grateful… each day I think about at least one thing that I am grateful for.. and secondly, I send a text to my husband to let him know why I am grateful to him
3) I recognise my emotions and allow myself to feel what I feel. Although it may not always be rationalised, through acknowledgement us to be present in the moment to accept it and move on.
4) Momentarily I just stop and breathe and take it what I see. I use my Doterra essential oils to enjoy beautiful smells that uplift me. Favourites are Whisper, Motivation, Lavender Peace and Balance.
5) I am my worst critic. I have recently stopped focusing on what I am not doing well. I do not compare myself. I do not judge myself. I focus on what I do well. I focus on what kind of person I want to be.
Love yourself to build your fitness mindset
Ultimately, what I am getting to, is that when we focus internally, when we focus on loving ourselves, when we take time to make “me time”, we our focusing on ourselves as a whole. Things like our fitness goals, nutrition goals and wellness goals then become much more realistic, seamless and achievable.
Through these small practices of self mindfulness, the focus switches to self love, self compassion, self worth and self nurturing.
Want work on your mindset to achieve your fitness goals? I have 3 spots available for fitness at my Brighton Le Sands bootcamp, online nutrition and wellness coaching.
Fill out the form below for your free coaching call.
Welcome any thoughts or comments.. or if you want to receive ongoing information on fitness, nutrition and wellness, email me at email@example.com and Ill add you to my mailing list.
So over Easter long weekend like most long weekends where there is a celebration, we all tend to go a little bit overboard…chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate.. or if you are anything like me… hard boiled egg overload!
I don’t know about you, but we feast after midnight mass on Saturday evening, then feast on lamb thats been slow cooking on a spit all day, potatoes, rice, shortbreads, cakes, pastries and crack red eggs over Easter Sunday.
And then after all of that food… there is all the leftovers that we need to eat for the rest of the week – cant waste food right?
Now Im not a massive fan of chocolate, but my household is… and with all the exchange of chocolate gifts, theres at least a few kilos of chocolate that we need to get through before next Easter! Lucky for us we pace ourselves and it does take us almost 12 months to get through the chocolate each year! I personally get on coloured hard boiled egg overload after Easter – so whilst great for the protein content, its still an overload!
Maybe you went overboard, too? So what.. no big deal if its just on occasion – we all need to live a little right?
So how do we get rid of that feeling of fullness this week?
1. Get back in the right mindset – its okay to enjoy family time, chocolate eggs and feasting for special occasions! Acknowledge it and move on!
2. Take stock and reset your nutrition and fitness goals – are they realistic – if so fantastic! If not, what are one or two small changes that you can make over the next couple of weeks to get you back on track?
3. Get moving – go out for a walk, break a sweat, do a burpee session in your lounge room or garage. get to #kappasfitbodies outdoor bootcamp class @ Brighton Le Sands. Or jump on a trampoline with your kids for 20 – 30 mins! There are plenty of outdoor activities to do around Sydney this time of the year for school holidays and the weather is just brilliant at the moment!
4. Consider having a few day of nutritional fasting…. drink herbal teas in the morning, and start your meals for the day at lunchtime or around 1pm – give your body a break overnight and first up in the morning from any solid foods.
5. Drink a lot of water – at the moment, Im adding Slim n Sassy, Grapefruit, Lemon and Fennel oil drops to my water – super tasty and takes away the sugary cravings!
6. Your first snack (breaking the fast), should be something light before dinner. Consider a protein shake with almond milk or some fruit with almonds.
Now if you have plenty of left over chocolate easter eggs – pack them away, and afford yourself the treats if it fits within your calories and macros a couple of times a week.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Break and see you all soon!
For more free info and resource, check out our FB page www.facebook.com/kappatalizefitness
or fill out your details below to join our mailing list to receive free workouts, recipes and health & wellness tips!